The Tacy Foundation is proud to work with a variety of individuals, organizations and corporations who choose to support the Foundation's mission by hosting their own fundraising programs.
Do you want to host an event to benefit the Tacy Foundation?
Fundraisers are a great learning opportunity to for children to host, with a responsible adult's help, of course. Whether you are young, old, or somewhere in between, if you have an idea for a fundraiser we would be grateful for your help. Follow these simple steps to holding a third party fundraiser:
1. Complete and Return the Third Party Fundraising Event Form (click link to go to download form page)
This form helps us help you be successful in the event by giving us some information about your efforts to fundraise for the Tacy Foundation.
2. Plan the Event
- Select the type of event you would like to host. Some examples include bake sales, auctions, partnerships with restaurants who donate a portion of sales, or walk-a-thons. However, this is your opportunity to be creative and think of a great idea, even if it has never been done before.
- Determine the date, time, location, and budget.
- Decide how you will promote the event. Some ideas include asking family, friends, classmates or coworkers, and neighbors.
- Figure out about how many people will participate and gather volunteers if needed.
- Set a schedule for the day of the event.
3. Host the Event
4. Follow Up
Thank everyone who was involved in helping make your event happen and anyone who donated.
All proceeds from your event should be sent to:
The Tacy Foundation
PO Box 2334
Germantown, MD 20875
To help you brainstorm some possible third party events, here are a few ideas:
Turn Meals into Money
A number of restaurants are willing to partner with you to donate a portion of their sales on a specific date/time to the Tacy Foundation. We have worked with Chik-Fil-A before, but you can work with any restaurant you like that has this program. All you have to do is work with the restaurant to set the date and time, agree on the percentage of proceeds that will be donated, and then get your friends, family, neighbors, and any one else you can think of to have their lunch or dinner at that restaurant during the specified time. Some restaurants to consider: California Pizza Kitchen, Chili’s, Chipotle, Panera, Red Robin, Subway, T.G.I.Friday’s, Wendy’s.
Help with Hot Chocolate
Make hot chocolate and let people know that all proceeds go to charity. You can do this at any location that is convenient and that will be visible to people who may want to come. This can be a great way to raise money in conjunction with a kids' sports game or other winter activity. Make sure you have permission to do this if you wish to sell the chocolate at the game or at a location that someone else owns.
See how many pennies you can collect. One way to do this is to ask classmates, coworkers, or congregation to contribute their spare change.
Fund with Fitness
Work with your local gym to allow non-members and members to a take a fitness class in exchange for a monetary donation.
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions or would like any other information.
Thank you so much for your interest and support of the Tacy Foundation!
When money is raised on the Tacy Foundation behalf, and any material is used in conjunction, the information noted below must be disclosed at the point of solicitation, in keeping with the Better Business Bureau’s guidelines for charity organizations:
- Actual/anticipated portion of the purchase price benefiting the charity. For example "five cents will be contributed to the Tacy Foundation for every product sold."
- Duration of the campaign. For example "the month of April."
- Any maximum or guaranteed minimum contribution amount. For example "up to a maximum of $10,000."