Becoming a Tacy Volunteer
We're glad you want to work with the Tacy Foundation.
Getting started is a simple process:
Watch the welcome video below!:
For Children and Teen Musicians of All Levels
- Listen to the Video for "how to apply" instructions.
- Read and review the Volunteer Handbook to learn more.
- Fill out the Release of Liability and Web Release forms and submit the Form online. The Form is required by MCPS and all school systems. It is also required by each Senior facility, school, and hospital where we play music or mentor. The Form will go to a Tacy Foundation volunteer. She/he will Send an e-mail to email@example.com to connect with staff who will help you enroll.
- click here to read and follow the procedure to get SSL Hours Credit
This Fall, you'll then be invited to meet a Tacy Foundation staff via a telephone conference call, as a followup orientation and audition. During quarantine, we will not meet in person.When MCPS and Virginia schools reopen we will meet in person for Orientation followup and immediate entrance in the programs in playing or mentoring at that point. if you're interested in our live music performance, play a brief piece of your choice as a short audition. When quarantine ends, we will resume auditions in person every Saturday at at Shady Grove Adventist Hospital in Rockville, MD (9901 Medical Center Drive, Rockville, MD -- meet in the main lobby). Let us know when to expect you. If you're too far away to drive there, we can make an alternate arrangement.
- We also have volunteers who play piano, viola, cello, flute, oboe, bassoon, trumpet, trombone, Asian harp, Asian flute, double bass, electric guitar, as well as those who sing. We can't wait to see you and learn what you can do!
- After your audition you will be invited via Signup.com to select the programs and events of interest to you and start "inspiring hope, note by note" by participating in our virtual music, card making, research for seniors' favorite music, and cheerful writing projects to lift Seniors during the COVID lockdown in seniors' facilities. Mentoring programs and Live Music projects will resume when schools reopen.
- You can volunteer as much or as little as you like. Eligible MCPS students will earn SSL credit for participation. Northern. Virginia, Frederick, Howard, Prince Georges, Anne Arundel, Baltimore Counties and District of Columbia schools will also be very happy to give student service learning credit to your work.
- Depending on the ways that you choose to volunteer, you will receive a more in depth orientation for performance roles or complete additional training for mentoring roles.
For Parents, Relatives, and Other Awesome Adults
Adult volunteers like you play a critical role in coordinating programs and events and supporting children and teens in "inspiring hope, note by note." We're currently looking for:
- Site supervisors - supervise a regular Tacy Foundation event at a hospital, senior center, or school (on-site, average time commitment is 4 hours a week). Training is provided.
- Program coordinators - work with a number of site supervisors to support and ensure a high quality, consistent, and joyful program (remote, flexible schedule, average time commitment 4-8 hours per month). Training is provided.
Additional Consent Forms: