Thank you, Grace!
Grace Wang and friends raised $325 through a benefit concert at the Steinway Gallery in Rockville, MD on January, 9. Grace invited a most gifted group of teen musicians from Maryland and Northern Virginia. Such accomplished musicians for ones so young are indeed rare.
Many thanks go to you, Grace, your performance partners, parents, and class mates who joined you to support you and the foundation through their listening hearts and generous donations. Congratulations on your brilliant and generous contribution to The Tacy Foundation!
Musicians Perform for Veterans and Seniors
Pianists performed for patients at Loch Raven Veterans Administration Rehab Center and again for residents of HOC Senior Apartments. The music (and cookies) were enjoyed by all. Thank you to all who participated.
Special Benefit Concert
George will share his original work along with several works of the great masters. He has recorded songs since The Tacy Foundation began in 2008. He has played live music at Asbury Methodist Village regularly (monthly) for 10 years, at NIH for hospital for 4 years, Sunrise Senior Living in Rockville, The Village in Rockville, Loch Raven Veterans Hospital in Baltimore, Shady Grove Adventist Hospital, his church UCC at Seneca Valley, BlackRock Center of the Arts, and Strathmore Mansion.
Volunteer Opportunity: Join the Board
We are looking to add a member to the Tacy Foundation Board. As an executive board member, you will support the work of the Tacy Foundation.
As a member of the executive board you will have two primary responsibilities.
- Help set and monitor progress toward strategic goals and establish strategic direction
- Be an ambassador of the organization to the communities of which you are a part. Promote the organization's work and mission, improve its visibility and help establish links to key constituencies, people and institutions.
- Attend board and committee meetings
- Help grow and strengthen the Board by suggesting candidates that can make contributions to the organization.
- Stay informed about the organization's mission and activities.
- Review agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
- Serve on committees and subgroups, and offer to take on special assignments.
- Educational Mission: Foster youth development through music, story and mentoring
- Philanthropic Mission: Empower youth to discover and use their gifts in service to others
- Social Mission: Build community partnerships, create intergenerational connections
Copyright © 2016 The Tacy Foundation, Inc. All rights reserved.
P.O. Box 2334
Germantown, MD 20875